Wednesday, June 29, 2011

To absent friends (and relations!)

When you embark on a 'long white cloud adventure' (or any adventure involving travel and distant shores for that matter) - you tend to miss out on moments like this one, captured fairly recently in Cape Town and featuring (from left to right) Janet my sister, Patty my first cousin -  from Australia and visiting REALLY fleetingly, my godmother Pam - and my mum's sister (also from Oz) my mum Pat, and Janet's daughter and by definition my niece, Julia. Also at this get together were my son Andrew, his wife Claire, and their almost brand new baby daughter Matilda who were touching base with this side of the family whilst visiting from Vancouver, Canada.
Families are becoming somewhat International - well ours certainly is! - Saffas, Zimbos, Canucks, Kiwis and Ozzies - we aren't even mentioning the Scots who are lurking somewhere up there in the Northern Hemisphere even as we speak!
Dis al!

No comments:

Post a Comment