Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Waverley beach natural arch



Some of our faithful blog followers will recognise this lovely natural arch on Waverley Beach.

You might also remember that this was one of the earliest acrylic paintings which the author did and which now hangs in our living room. Since I took a trip to South Africa, it seems that I really cannot turn my back and something dramatic happens!!! In the couple of weeks that I was away from New Zealand, there was a fairly dramatic and major earthquake in our immediate vicinity and this beautiful arch at Waverley Beach is no more.
I was really quite disbelieving about it, so we took a Sunday drive and went to see for ourselves - the arch is gone. I think I am glad about two things - one, I did the painting when I did, and two, that I didn't take a walk along the top of that arch, since I had absolutely no idea that there was even a smidgen of a possibility that it could all come crashing down!
Dis al!

No comments:

Post a Comment