Saturday, January 3, 2009

Sorting things out

What a schlep! to get everything CLEAN and acceptable for shipping to NZ. Alles moet SKOON wees en so te se splinternuut.

I have been spending time the last few days getting everything in order for the shipping company to pack. We are trying to minimise the things we are taking with us, we are not the average millionaires you know, but it is not easy. Trying to balance between things of sentimental value and things that we cannot go without and would be expensive to replace is not always condusive to good domestic relationships. I cannot go without ALL my tools and a lot of old sheet music is not on the top of my priorities although some other people will not aggree with me, but that is just the way things go. Wanting to take two pianoes and two motorcycles is also not debatable, I'm told. Not mentioning the six guitars, three keybords and the banjo (hehehe). Just a lot of things to considder, like who would like to have what and who would appreciate which things, how. I have already given my old vintage Mercedes and DKW Auto Union Munga to two of my children, but what about the third child? I need to sell the other cars to pay for the container. Choises, choises and decisions decisions, as I said, what a shlep.

Everything is going to plan and we will be on the plane on the 28th come hell or high water, it's just to get everything sorted before then, that makes for some tension, but all's well that end well I suppose.

Ok, let me go and scrub something.

No comments:

Post a Comment